What should you expect after you report a claim?
- Expect to be contacted by your claims representative who will provide you with your claim reference number and an explanation of coverage available.Your claims rep will also indicate an estimated time-frame to process the claim.
- To help expedite your claim, you can take photos of damaged property and email them to Preferred Mutual. Please reference your claim or policy number.
- Depending on the nature of your claim, you can expect certain forms, letters or updates on your claim from Preferred Mutual.
- Use this website to answer any common questions, print copies of forms, or to find an auto repair or glass service facility.
- Log onto MyPreferred to view the confidential status of your claim.
To expedite payment on your claim:
For All Claims -- Return all forms and provide information as requested to your Claims Representative.
For Auto Claims - Get an initial estimate and submit it. File a police report. Schedule an appointment with the repair shop. If you experienced a total loss, provide a copy of the vehicle title to your agent, so that your agent can fax or scan both sides and send to Preferred.
For Property Claims - Complete a Statement of Loss form. Take and submit photos of all damaged property.
For Personal Injury Protection/No Fault Claims - Provide injury-related information as requested (including information on the treating physicians and facilities, detail of injuries, etc.). If you are claiming lost wages, please give all employer information (employer name and address, salary information, number of days missed, etc.) to the Claims Rep, along with a Disability Note from your physician. Notify your employer that they will need to fill out and return information sent directly to them on your behalf. Submit all receipts for any out-of-pocket expenses, including household assistance, transportation, mileage, and prescriptions.