Protect Yourself from Cybersecurity Threats: Know These Cybersecurity Predictions for 2019
With our Identity Fraud Expense Coverage in addition to your Homeowners, Mobile Homeowners, Condo Complete or Renter’s Coverage, we can help you recover the costs and losses associated with identity theft.
2018 didn’t disappoint, so what’s in store for 2019 and how can you protect yourself?
2018 data breach victims included Amazon, Facebook, Macy’s, Adidas, Delta Airlines, and even concerns around cyber-tampering of the elections plagued the year. As we look to a clean slate in 2019, we can’t help but wonder what the next 12 months might bring.
New plots for breaches will hatch in 2019, but diligence and awareness are your greatest weapons of defense. Whether these threats are at the international level – a Battle Royale between the world’s most powerful players – or cyber-mayhem while paying a bill on your smartphone, no one is entirely immune. Identity theft affects millions of Americans each year, according to the Federal Trade Commission.
Experts predict cybercriminals will continue attacking significant enterprises, as well as smaller businesses. The impact a breach has on an individual could be quite damaging if we, as individuals, are not aware of our own responsibility of managing these risks.
Risk management is, at its core, the process of identifying risk and the coordination of preventing, monitoring and controlling the impact it could have on you or your company.
So, Take Control!
- Change your passwords every 3-6 months for email, online banking and purchasing websites.
- Monitor your credit card statements and credit scores each month.
- Limit information on social media by setting your defaults to private.
- Use trusted anti-virus/anti-malware software on your personal computer.
- Encrypt sensitive emails or files you share to online file sharing services, such as Google Drive.
- Connect to trusted Wi-Fi when making any kind of transaction.
- Do not open emails from unknown senders.
Remember, no one is immune. With our Identity Fraud Expense Coverage in addition to your Homeowners, Mobile Homeowners, Condo Complete or Renter’s Coverage, we can help you recover the costs and losses associated with identity theft. As an individual who works hard for your assets, you can live assured that Preferred Mutual Insurance Company will help you keep those assets secured!